Because it is an online game, Animal Jam requires a healthy and constant internet connection of at least 1 Mbps—as well as Adobe Flash version 30.0 or newer—to run smoothly. If either of these requirements is not met, Animal Jam might have slow loading times, erratic gameplay, or may not load at all.
Please note that Microsoft no longer supports Windows XP, and computers that still use the operating system may experience a number of problems. If you are unsure if your computer is running Windows XP, click here.
Chromebooks are not supported for running the Desktop Apps for Animal Jam or Play Wild. You can still login via the Google Chrome browser for Animal Jam and Steam for Play Wild. If you've had recent issues connecting via Chromebook please have your parent help you clear your cache AND cookies. Then re-enable flash at the NEW url: https://www.animaljam.com/en/classic
• 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
• Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit), or Windows 10 (64 bit)
• Internet Explorer 8.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 17 or later, Google Chrome
• 512MB of RAM (1GB of RAM recommended for netbooks); 128MB of graphics memory
• Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
• Mac OS X v10.6, v10.7, v10.8, or v10.9
• Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 17, or Google Chrome
• 512MB of RAM; 128MB of graphics memory